Thursday, January 19, 2006

I'm all for correct doctrine, but...

I'm all for correct doctrine -- spend every waking hour of my life thinking about Christian doctrine. But, a lot of the times people who insist on correct doctrine seem dry and, shall we say, not filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit.

I don't care for the "happy clappy" pejorative that is sometimes used to criticize exuberant Christians. To me, it's a cheap shot. But, you're listening to a guy who likes to get happy in the Lord, and who has been known to clap. David danced before the Lord, and he was sneered at. We all know which side the Lord took.

I'm aiming for correct doctrine and filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit, the Exuberant One. (I can just hear someone saying... "that's not correct doctrine!).

Well, try this, then:

Be not drunk with wine, but
be filled with the Holy Spirit

There's some doctine to chew on, or, should I say, sip on?

1 Comments:

Blogger frappeur said...

Filling up on the Holy Spirit is good.

A little wine also seems to be good. That wasn't kool-ade at Cana.

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home